[Gdal-dev] Shapefile with hole touching : fix?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri May 11 14:39:11 EDT 2007

Frederic Claudel wrote:
> FYI, we submitted a fix in Trac for bug #1415, but it isn't marked as fixed
> so I'm also posting here.
>
> Can someone else test the fix?
> http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/1415
>
> The bug also appeared when writing a shapefile with two outer rings touching
> each other on one of their starting vertices.

Frederic,

I have reassigned this to Mateusz to test and apply for the 1.4.2 release.

Mateusz and I spent some time a problem last summer with the recognition
of holes, and I thought at first that this was a similar issue.  Perhaps
it is.  I'm worry that a patch may fix it for one case, and break it for
another, or possibly introduce substantial extra processing delay.  But
ignoring it isn't a great solution either. :-)