[Gdal-dev] Win32 Binaries

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue May 15 12:53:41 EDT 2007

Ivan Lucena wrote:
> Mateusz,
>
>> 7.1), but he uses ie. VS2005, they he won't be able to run debug
>> builds, because there are no debug versions of 7.1 CRT DLLs
>> available in the system.
>
> I could be completely wrong, but I think that once you decided to do
> debugging it doesn't mean that all the DLL that you use should to be
> compiled for debugging.

Ivan,

It's important for base framework libraries: C and C++.

> I am using VC2005 to compile and debug in GDAL and I can use
> "...Visual Studio 8\Common7\Tools\Bin\Depends.exe", the "Dependency
> Walker", and it is reporting that gdal_translate.exe is using
> MSVCR80.DLL not MSVCR80D.DLL.

Yes, if you compile with VC++ 2005, then you use msvcr80.dll and
msvcr80d.dll.

Here is the situation I'm trying to describe:

http://mateusz.loskot.net/tmp/gdal-dev-misisng-71d.png

1. gdal14.dll built with Visual C++ 7.1, as debug
2. read.exe built with Visual C++ 8.0, as debug
3. gdal14.dll requires debug versions of 7.1 runtime libraries which are
missing if you don't have Visual C++ 7.1 installed

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net