[Gdal-dev] Geo->local coordinate transformation

Kevin Bentley kevin.bentley at gmail.com
Wed May 16 14:24:59 EDT 2007

I have a project where I'm working with geographic raster images and I need
to be able to do distance calculations between two points in the image.

I was thinking I could create a local SRS using a corner of the raster as
the origin, then just transform from the lat/lon coordinates to the local
coordinates (which would just be distance from the corner in meters) to make
my calculations the most accurate. But I'm not sure if this is possible with
OGRSpatialReference. Can anyone tell me how I could create a local
OGRSpatialReference object with the origin of my choosing? Or maybe there's
an easier way to do what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin Bentley