[Gdal-dev] csharp spatialreference normalization.....problem?

Tim Osborn tosborn at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 16 22:12:16 EDT 2007

Frank Warmerdam-2 wrote:

> I'm quite surprised at this situation, and I can't think of any coherent
> reason why this would be happening.  Well, I guess there must be some
> difference in the approach used to lookup the PCS code from the geotiff.
>
> You might want to ensure that all the environment variables set by
> the FWTools environment setting script are set in your global environment
> and see if the c# interface then produces the same results.  If so, then
> we know it has something to do with searching for supporting files.

Frank:

Thanks for your suggestion.  The first thing I do in the program I'm writing
is to programatically set all but the PYTHONPATH environment variables with
Visual Basic 2005 Express Environment.SetEnvironmentVariable() functions.
But, I also tried your suggestion and set the environonment variables
directly on my machine through the Windows Control Panel.  When this is
done, things work as they should....the US Survey feet are correctly shown
in the spatial reference.  So I guess I'm not correctly understanding the
Visual Basic Environment.SetEnvironmentVariable() function although it seems
to be working....calls to Environment.GetEnvironmentVariable("PROJ_LIB") etc
return the correct paths.

Thanks for you help.

Tim Osborn