[Gdal-dev] Recent changes related to the Java bindings

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Thu May 17 10:16:48 EDT 2007

2007/5/17, Andrea Aime <aaime at openplans.org>:
> Tamas Szekeres ha scritto:
> > Folks,
> >
> > I've made the first attempt to add the java related build steps to the
> > buildbot configuration. Currently I've focused only on the Windows
> > builders and my effort was eventually successful,
> > http://buildbot.osgeo.org:8500/
>
> Nice! Is there any way to grab the build results, that is, all
> the dlls and jars? At the moment I'm unable to build gdal
> due to a change in geomedia driver that made the code incompatible
> with vc++ 6.0 (well, it may have been fixed lately, haven't checked).

We have no VC6 buildslaves configured currently so I cannot confirm
whether it builds on this compiler or not. The buildbot currently
contains VC71 and VC80 builders. The latter is configured to produce
64 bit binaries.
IIRC Mateusz is planning to make the results available to download,
but this option haven't
been realized yet.

> > In exchange for this addition I had to move the contents of the
> > java.opt file into nmake.opt because it was pretty unmanageable in
> > that fashion. I've added the following section in nmake.opt
> >
> > # SWIG Java settings
> > !IFNDEF JAVA_HOME
> > JAVA_HOME = c:\j2sdk1.4.2_12
> > !ENDIF
> > !IFNDEF ANT_HOME
> > ANT_HOME=c:\programmi\apache-ant-1.7.0
> > !ENDIF
> > JAVADOC=$(JAVA_HOME)\bin\javadoc
> > JAVAC=$(JAVA_HOME)\bin\javac
> > JAVA=$(JAVA_HOME)\bin\java
> > JAR=$(JAVA_HOME)\bin\jar
> > JAVA_INCLUDE=-I$(JAVA_HOME)\include -I$(JAVA_HOME)\include\win32
> >
> > I've encapsulated the default  JAVA_HOME, ANT_HOME parameters into
> > IFNDEF-s so these values can be given at the nmake command line or in
> > an external file according to the EXT_NMAKE_OPT settings.
> > I've also removed all !INCLUDE-s for the java.opt in the Windows makefiles.
> >
> > I haven't dealt with the GNU builds so far, however java.opt is also
> > included in the GNU makefile. Howard and I would like to see this
> > stuff disappearing one day when the configure stuff will be extended
> > by identifying the JAVA locations.
>
> Afaik the standard way to declare java location is really JAVA_HOME.
> I don't know of any other.

I have no doubts about it. However for the windows builds it's more
convenient to provide this setting in a common configuration file
(that is the nmake.opt) than altering many other files in different
places. It is pretty unmanageable from the buildbot's perspective.

Do we have a 'make test' functionality for the java builds?

Best regards,

Tamas