[Gdal-dev] Using GEOS in OGR C#

Jean Michel PIERRET jmp at geosys.com
Mon May 21 03:12:41 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm looking for someone who tries to use GEOS in the C# OGR.

Thanks.

Best Regards

PIERRET Jean michel

Hi,

I try to use the OGR's library in Csharp and the GEOS support but I have 2
problems. I'm using the "gdal-svn-trunk-2007.05.09".

1) With the objects "OSGEO.OGR.Geometry" when I use the method "Contains" it
turns over me an error "GEOS support not enabled". However I have
uncommented the support GEOS in the file "nmake.opt" and the compilation
return no error.

GEOS_CFLAGS = -IE:\Mapserver\geos-2.2.3\source/capi -DHAVE_GEOS
GEOS_LIB     = E:\Mapserver\geos-2.2.3\source/geos_c_i.lib

When I use on the same object the method "Intersect" it seems work.

2) Can I use in csharp this method: "Ogr.CreateGeometryFromWkt".

Best Regards

PIERRET Jean michel