[Gdal-dev] Use of gdalwarp/translate utility

guillaume huby guillaume.huby.lists at gmail.com
Mon May 21 03:36:10 EDT 2007

On 5/18/07, Matt Wilkie <matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca> wrote:

> I did not understand what that option was for, your concise explanation
> cleaned up my confision nicely. I added it to
> http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/UserDocs/GdalTranslate

Thanks for this page, but I think it needs improvements. Its contents are
quite redundant with the official doc of gdal_translate.
I think of two possibilities :
1. Modify official doc of gdal_translate to get this point more clear.
2. Transform this wiki page in a "HOWTO add geographic references
(projection, coordinates) to an image using gdal_translate" with simple
examples and explanations of commands used. This way the page would become a
good add-on to the official doc.
These are suggestions, I hope it will help ...

Regards,
Guillaume.