[Gdal-dev] Re: Resample map from C#

Tomas R monshi at home.se
Wed May 30 11:20:13 EDT 2007

I ran the code together with the image in the ticket and nothing
happened to the picture.

But I'm not sure if I am on the right track.

What I would like to do is not reproject the map in anyway. What I am
after is a possibility to down sample an image/a map using some good
interpolations technique. My guess is that all I need is the last line
in the code in the example in the ticket:
> Dataset dsw = drv_out.CreateCopy("CTest.tif", ds, 0, new string[] {
> "INTERLEAVE=PIXEL",   null });
where I in the string is to provide the interpolation method and the
size of the copy to save. How to format this string - I haven't got
clue! Or actually, not even how to format the command line call to
GDalwarp to use, for example, cubic splines. The correct documentation
is not easy to find. The doc about gdalwarp options found here:
http://www.gdal.org/gdalwarp.html
doesn't seem to up to date.
Or am I totally of track?

Why use GDAL? Well I have a method using what is available in C# but it
requires a an image in a format C# can read and it also requires me to
load whole image to memory. Gdal seems to be able to parse the file and
why not make use of Gdal when possible?

Yours
Tomas