[Gdal-dev] no gdal_rasterize in Ubuntu Gutsy (1.4.1-6build1)?

Steve Hagen steve.hagen at unh.edu
Thu Nov 1 09:24:03 EDT 2007

Hello,

I apologize if this query is insultingly basic. Bare with me, as I have just
become my own administrator.

I want to use gdal_rasterize, which I believe became available with 1.3.2, but I
can't find the utility.

Some background:

I am working in Ubuntu Gutsy, on which I've installed the debian package using
sudo apt-get install gdal-bin. I can see the installed files in /usr/bin/ and
elsewhere. I can use gdalinfo, gdalwarp, etc. just fine. But gdal_rasterize is
nowhere to be found.

The changelog.gz file says gdal_rasterize became available with 1.3.2 (a while
back).

So, my question(s):

Where is gdal_rasterize? Is it installed and I'm just missing it?

If its not installed, how can I install it? (I'm a bit afraid of compiling from
source).

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Steve Hagen