[Gdal-dev] First Leopard build results for GDAL 1.5

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Nov 1 21:38:46 EDT 2007

I got GDAL mostly set for 64bits on OSX 10.5.

Missing:

Xerces - no 64bit Carbon, no 64bit Xerces.
MrSID - probably won't be a 64bit build for a wile
GRASS - haven't got that far yet

An odd one: python.  Apple's python is whacked.  The library is 64bit,
but the executable is not, so there is no way to actually run any
python scripts in 64bits.

Testing: since python doesn't run 64bits, I could only do the
autotests in 32bits.  Some problems, but mostly OK:

Running tests from ogr/ogr_dods.py
   TEST: ogr_dods_1 ... ERROR 4: couldn't connect to host
fail

I've never got this one to connect.  Other dap tests also fail with

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "data/ais.xml"

Running tests from ogr/ogr_join_test.py
   TEST: ogr_join_1 ... swig/python detected a memory leak of type
'OGRLayerShadow *', no destructor found.

Running tests from gcore/tiff_ovr.py
   TEST: tiff_ovr_1 ... Warning 1: File open for read-only accessing,
creating overviews externally.
ERROR 1: _TIFFMergeFields:Field with tag 254 is already registered as
"SubfileType"
ERROR 1: _TIFFSetupFields:Setting up field info failed
ERROR 1: TIFFSetField:tmp/mfloat32.tif.ovr: Unknown tag 259
ERROR 1: _TIFFMergeFields:Field with tag 254 is already registered as
"SubfileType"
ERROR 1: _TIFFSetupFields:Setting up field info failed
ERROR 1: TIFFSetField:tmp/mfloat32.tif.ovr: Unknown tag 259
fail
     Overview missing on target file.
   TEST: tiff_ovr_2 ... fail
     overviews missing after re-open?
   TEST: tiff_ovr_3 ... ERROR 1: _TIFFMergeFields:Field with tag 254
is already registered as "SubfileType"
ERROR 1: _TIFFSetupFields:Setting up field info failed
ERROR 1: TIFFSetField:tmp/mfloat32.tif: Unknown tag 259
ERROR 1: _TIFFMergeFields:Field with tag 254 is already registered as
"SubfileType"
ERROR 1: _TIFFSetupFields:Setting up field info failed
ERROR 1: TIFFSetField:tmp/mfloat32.tif: Unknown tag 259
success
   TEST: tiff_ovr_cleanup ... success

Haven't seen this one before.  Libtiff version 4.0 alpha.

   TEST: tiff_write_4 ... skip

huh?

Running tests from gdrivers/gdalhttp.py
   TEST: http_1 ... I/O warning : failed to load external entity "data/
ais.xml"
ERROR 1: An error occurred while creating a virtual connection to the
DAP server:
Error while reading the URL: http://home.gdal.org/~warmerda/frank.gif.ver
.
The OPeNDAP server returned the following message:
Not Found: The data source or server could not be found.
         Often this means that the OPeNDAP server is missing or needs
attention;
         Please contact the server administrator.
fail
     Failed to open dataset: http://home.gdal.org/~warmerda/frank.gif

Is this down, Frank?

Running tests from gdrivers/mem.py
   TEST: mem_1 ... success
   TEST: mem_2 ... skip
   TEST: mem_cleanup ... success

huh?

I'll try running gdal commands later - they should run in 64bits.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled
with hyena offal?
Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in a
bucket filled with hyena offal?
First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?

-HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy