[Gdal-dev] Windows CE - GDALDatasetRasterIO error

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Nov 8 11:24:28 EST 2007

jetelus at centrum.cz wrote:
> Finally I solved it! I was hunting that lost memory and I
> discovered there is cache system implemented in GDAL :-)
> Problem is it's default size - 40 MB - too much for CE.
> I set it to 4 MB using GDALSetCacheMax() and all errors are
> gone - lol I suck I know :) but it would be nice to add some
> note to GDALDatasetRasterIO documentation - something like
> there is cache system which memory usage can be controlled.

Unfortuntelly, I've had no chance to test this issue yet,
but that's great the problem has been solved.
I will update the doc but custom cache size will be used in GDAL built
for Windows CE.

http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/1978

> I can display even 5 MB JPEGs now on CE! Have a nice day!

What about the previous ~120MB file or you're still using file of the
same size?

Chers
--
Mateusz Loskot