[Gdal-dev] place for user contributed utilities?

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at westnet.com.au
Sat Nov 10 19:01:42 EST 2007

On Sat, 2007-11-10 at 12:10 -0800, Matt Wilkie wrote:
> > Personally, I believe reporting a Ticket is the best way to submit
> > contributions. Here is one of examples how GeoJSON driver have been
> > incorporated to the GDAL:
>
> Thank you Mateusz, that's perfect. I've added it to the wiki, with some
> wording changes: http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/HowToContribute
>
> I thought about adding a blurb about filing bug reports, but got bogged
> down in "how to write a good bug report". I thought it would be as
> simple as "go read this page...", hah! Everything I found online was
> specific to a particular project or software base. I'm sure it's out
> there, but I'm supposed to be working right now :)
>
> cheers,

There's always the oft-quoted "How to Report Bugs Effectively" at
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html and some useful
advice can probably be extracted from esr's "How To Ask Questions The
Smart Way" http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html, though
that's more related to getting help on a mailing list.

Regards,
Tim Bowden