[Gdal-dev] Building the new GeoJSON driver in MinGW

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Sun Nov 11 08:32:04 EST 2007

Ari Jolma wrote:
> Some things how the jsonc is configured make its compilation fail in
> MinGW/MSYS:
>
> line config.h:95 needs to be
>
> #if defined(_MSC_VER) || defined(__MINGW32__)
>
> and lines printbuf:74 and 82 should be something like
>
> #if defined(WIN32) && !defined(__MINGW32__)

Ari,

Thanks for this fix. Yes, the config.h stuff needs to be redesigned or
even replaced with configuration header from the gdal\port.
I will work on it soon.

> Where could I find a GeoJSON example to try?

I added ogr_geojson.py script to the autotest package along with
sample .geojson files. You can find all of them here

http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/browser/trunk/autotest/ogr/
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/browser/trunk/autotest/ogr/data

Here is demo served by FeatureServer:

http://featureserver.org/featureserver.cgi/scribble/.geojson

Also, there is sample GeoServer instance available, see Andrea Aime
comment below my post:

http://mateusz.loskot.net/2007/11/06/ogr-geojson-driver/

Cheers
--