[Gdal-dev] The GPX driver in trunk hangs

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Wed Nov 14 12:19:48 EST 2007

Frank Warmerdam kirjoitti:
> Ari Jolma wrote:
>> The GPX driver now in trunk hangs. And since it is a chain, the whole
>> OGR open method hangs.
>>
>> Maybe it's not a very good idea to have a toolset built from trunk. :)
>
> Ari,
>
> Well, it helps identify problems more quickly!
>
> However, I don't see this problem. Perhaps it relates to the file passed
> to OGROpen()?  Can you provide specifics?

In my cases it generally seems to hang, if given datasources (paths),
which contain subdirectories. On directories which do not contain
subdirectories it works ok.

Oh, this is related to my habit (the Open Vector Data dialog in
Geoinformatica) to pass directories to OGROpen, which is not very common
I believe.

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma
Geoinformaatio- ja paikannustekniikka / Geoinformation and positioning