[Gdal-dev] Method to get an image by url?

Joaquim Luis jluis at ualg.pt
Thu Nov 15 18:19:19 EST 2007

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Joaquim,
>
> The other condition is that you need to be using GDAL trunk (aka 1.5).
> The HTTP driver does not existing in 1.4.x.

Uf, it's working now.
First, since it worked with FWTools 1.2.3 I thought the driver was
already in 1.4
To get it work with 1.5 I had to workaround some difficulties that may
worth leave a record of.

-  Firstly, I had previously downloaded the last libcurl-7.15.5 devel no
SSL. It compiles fine with 1.4.3
   but not with trunk, since it has not a libcurl_imp.lib.
-  Next, downloaded libcurl-7.15.1-msvc-win32-ssl-0.9.8a-zlib-1.2.3.zip
which contains the named lib
    But it also contains a zlib1.dll which shows up in "orange" on the
dependency walker of gdal15.dll.
    My past (recent) sufferings with that send me on a search of a new
zlib1 library. Found one at
    sourceforge that works well.

Joaquim