[Gdal-dev] defragment files with gdal_translate in parallel

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Nov 15 18:25:17 EST 2007

WolfgangZ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using gdal_translate to convert a remote dataset to a local one ;-)
> Therefore I use several tiles in parallel. The local files are heavily
> defragmented. I'm not sure if this is a WindowsXP problem or from gdal.
> I'm using FWTools 1.3.5; had anybody the same experience?

I'm inclined to judge this is Windows XP problem.
Perhaps you could try to defragment this heavy fragmentation using one
of commercial software. IMO, the defragmentator avaialbe in the system
is not good, so it's better to use something like diskkeeper etc.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net