[Gdal-dev] recent compile on cygwin?

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Nov 15 19:05:39 EST 2007

Matt Wilkie wrote:
>> So, now I'm happy to report gdal compiles cleanly out of the box
>> still. Now I just have to try and figure out why it seems to missing
>> the xerces library.
>
> I've verified that xerces-c and xerces-c-devel are installed, but
> configure tells me they are not there. When I search the packages for
> xerces there are some different versions available, do I need a specific
> one?

Perhaps you have it installed in different location than:

/usr with /usr/include/xercesc
or
/usr/local with /usr/local/include/xercesc

You can try this:

./configure --with-xerces=yes \
   --with-xerces-inc=/path/to/headers \
   --with-xerces-lib="-L/path/to/libs -lxerces-c -lpthread"

For example, I have installed Xerces under

/usr/local/xerces-2.8.0
with
/usr/local/xerces-2.8.0/include
/usr/local/xerces-2.8.0/lib

so I configure it this way:

./configure --with-xerces=yes \
   --with-xerces-inc=/usr/local/xerces-2.8.0/include \
   --with-xerces-lib="-L/usr/local/xerces-2.8.0/lib -lxerces-c -lpthread"

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net