[Gdal-dev] Enhancements to Polarimetric SAR drivers

Philippe Vachon philippe at cowpig.ca
Thu Nov 15 21:55:32 EST 2007

Folks,

I've put together a list of some fairly simple enhancements I'm going to
make to some SAR file format drivers. In particular, the goal is to make
working with Polarimetric SAR data with GDAL a lot easier.

To do this, I'm going to modify a handful of drivers to provide a new
metadata item, called MATRIX_REPRESENTATION, as well as standardize on a
set of particular values for the POLARIMETRIC_INTERP metadata item for
the bands.

I've put together a wiki page on this topic that can be found at
	http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/PolarimetricSAR
Feel free to add drivers to the list (in case I've missed any), and ideas
you might have for this project; I'm always happy to get input.

Regards,
Phil Vachon