[gdal-dev] Buildbot notifications and autobuild

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Nov 22 14:54:16 EST 2007

Hi Folks,

Yesterday Hobu and I configured two features of Buildbot for GDAL.

1. E-mail notifications

Every time a build fails, short notification is sent to gdal-commits
mailing list. It can be tweaked so notifications are sent only if a
build fails (is red) but previous build was successful (green).

It's also possible to add new e-mail addresses to list of recipients,
so if anyone would like to get build notifications on his e-mail,
please send your address directly to me and I will add it.

2. Auto-builds triggered by svn commits.

If a commit arrives, post-commit hook sends notification to GDAL
buildbot. The buildbot starts timer and waits 120 secs.
If new commit arrives withing these 120 secs, the timer is reset for
next 120 secs.
If new commit does not arrive within this period, the buildbot starts a
build on *-quick builders.

Similar process run on *-full builders but the timer is set to 120
minutes, in order to avoid server overloads. So, new builds start
only if new commit does not arrive within 2 hours since last commit.

Theoretically, both options sounds useful and helpful.
However, this is experimental configuration and perhaps we will find it
not very convenient in future and people will start complaining about
server overload or high traffic on gdal-commit list.
As nothing is fixed in concrete, there is no problem disable these gadgets.

Please, report any problems, comments, questions.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net