[gdal-dev] Dissolve polygon internal boundary

Jose Luis Gomez Dans josegomez at gmx.net
Fri Nov 23 12:24:37 EST 2007

Hi,
I noticed that this has already been raised in the list a couple of times, but no conclusive conclusion was reached (I think!). Let's say I want to dissolve the internal boundaries of polygons based on an attribute. There is an example (GNU R-centric) in <http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/scicomp/GISSeminar/UseCases/PolygonDissolve/PolygonDissolve.html>.

Can this be done with OGR?

Cheers!
José