[gdal-dev] 1.4.4 Preliminary Win32 Binaries

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Sun Nov 25 06:07:09 EST 2007

Frank Warmerdam kirjoitti:

> I'm not clear on why it is a problem.

I did not get there but quite. Using information from

http://www.mingw.org/mingwfaq.shtml#faq-msvcdll
and
http://www.geocities.com/yongweiwu/stdcall.htm

and writing a small Perl program (I call it def.pl here):
8<--------
while (<STDIN>) {
    $a = $_;
    print $_;
    if (/^_/) {
        chomp;
        s/\r//;
        s/^_//;
        s/\@\d+$//;
        print "$_ = $a";
    }
}
8<--------

and running commands (these are MinGW tools)
pexports gdal14.dll | perl def.pl > gdal14.def
dlltool -U -d gdal14.def -l libgdal14.a

and changing Makefile.PL to link to gdal14: "-lgdal14" I get to the
point where g++  complains only about these:

gdal_wrap.o:gdal_wrap.cpp:(.text+0xee1f): undefined reference to
`GDALColorTable::GDALColorTable(GDALPaletteInterp)'

i.e., about the parts in the bindings, which use the C++ API of GDAL.
This is where I stop since I have no idea how to create aliases for
them, which g++ would understand.

Luckily 1.5 will use C API for colortable, so there's hope. I'll try
this same procedure once there's 1.5 binaries. Probably it could be
streamlined into Makefile.PL for the Perl bindings for Windows at least.

Cheers,

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma
Geoinformaatio- ja paikannustekniikka / Geoinformation and positioning