[gdal-dev] Callbacks for next-gen Python bindings

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 02:56:42 EST 2007

All,

I have just committed rudimentary typemaps and support code for Python
function callbacks and the generic GDAL TermProgress methods in the
next-gen interface files.  This was one of the last major pieces of
missing functionality that existed in the old-gen bindings that was
preventing us from porting over a number of scripts in ./pymod.

Additionally, I have created a new interface file, Operations.i, and
placed GDAL raster operations like ComputeMedianCutPCT, DitherRGB2PCT,
and ReprojectImage in this file to de-bulk gdal.i, which was getting a
little bit bloated after adding in the new methods.

I would like to request making a change to Driver.CreateCopy.  It is
currently missing arguments for callback and callback_data, which
existed in the old-gen bindings.  I propose adding them and having
them default to NULL as is currently done.  Does anyone foresee an
issue with doing so?

Howard