[gdal-dev] where is gdal_transform?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Nov 29 10:19:19 EST 2007

Limei Ran wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I could not find gdal_transform in the gdal 1.4.2 I downloaded.  Is the
> utility still included in the release?

Limei,

The gdaltransform utility is new and exists only in "gdal trunk", which will
become GDAL 1.5.0.

For those not familiar with it, it intends to provide a commandline coordinate
transformation interface for points passed on stdin - much like the PROJ.4
cs2cs command but giving access to the various transformers including support
for going from pixel/line to geoferenced space using a geotransform,
GCPs or other mechanisms.

It is likely to be somewhat incomplete for the 1.5.0 release, but is already
useful.

   http://www.gdal.org/gdaltransform.html

I presume Limei is confused by the fact that the docs are now on the web site,
highlighting the issue raised in the meeting that our web site documentation
ought to primariliy reflect the current stable release rather than the
development version.