[Gdal-dev] Question about building Pyramids

Christian Mueller christian.mueller at nvoe.at
Wed Oct 3 03:47:53 EDT 2007

I need to build pyramdis from a tiled Image having many tiles. Assuming the
tile size 17*13 and the  scale factor is 2, i have some questions about the
interpolation methods:

The base for the interpolation has pixel size 34*26 composed of 4 Tiles
resulting in one Tile of size 17 x 13

nearest neighbour: should work

bilinear: should work, a scale factor of 2 always results in even pixel sizes

cubic,cubicspline: Here is my problem, in my opinion, the pixel size modulo 4
should be 0. Is it right to expand the base rect with 1 pixel to start the
interpolation from a 36 x 28 image , the result would be a tile 18*14,  and
how do i get  the  17*13 image ?

thanks for your hints

christian