[Gdal-dev] HDF EOS segmentation fault

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Oct 9 14:38:03 EDT 2007

Jan Cermak wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> actually that was what I suspected when the problem first occurred. So I
> updated to gdal 1.4.2 (1007/06/27) a week ago. This didn't make any
> difference though. I just tried the latest nightly build but this gives
> me an import error, so I reverted to 1.4.2
>
> By the way, I only get the segfault for MYD06 files. MYD021km etc. work
> fine.

Jan,

I believe you are specifically running into:

   http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/1701

Fixed as:

   http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/changeset/11742

I believe this fix was post 1.4.2, so you would need up to update to
the stable branch (1.4) nightly snapshot.  I don't know what import
error you encountered, but I would suggest trying to work through it.

(or using FWTools for the script).