[Gdal-dev] OGR and GML

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Oct 9 15:24:47 EDT 2007

Chris Howell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was just wondering how accurate the documentation found at.
>
> http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_gml.html
>
> is in comparison to the most recent build of OGR. The docs say that only
> GML 2.0 is supported, do more current release support 3 or 3.1 and if
> not is it planned on the horizon ?

Chris,

The GML driver is targetted at GML 2.x.  If it succeeds in reading
some GML 3 datasets it is just good luck.  There are no current plans
for GML 3 support but I would like to see such a project launched.
Hopefully a whole new driver actually using schema files instead of the
ad-hoc approach of the current driver.  But it is a big job and would
require significant funding.