[Gdal-dev] how to set OGRFeature names

Christoph Ehrler ehrler-soft at gmx.de
Thu Oct 11 11:26:02 EDT 2007

Hi @ all,

currently I'm working on an OGR driver for reading <Model> data out of KML files
using the SAX parser eXpat. I would like to map the internal KML
structure to OGR by preserving the <Folder> and <Placemark> names.
Simplified, folders become to layers and placemarks to features (which
represent the models).

OK, the name of a layer could be set with the constructor of the
OGRFeatureDefn::OGRFeatureDefn(const char *pszName).

But how can I set the individual name of a feature?
Are there any conventions about the name and type and index of an
OGRField that stores this information???

Thanks for your help
Christoph