[Gdal-dev] ng-python build

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Oct 11 23:55:27 EDT 2007

As I worked on some OSX framework build issues, I noticed a couple
odd ng-python build items.

- After configuring to build ng-python, make doesn't build *any*
python bindings.  It looks like the makefile default target doesn't
refer to the swig-target, just the old py-target.  BUT, install does
- the install-actions target runs a make install in the swig dir,
which ends up building ng-python.

- ng-python installs in $prefix.  This ends up being installed where-
ever GDAL is installed, in the subdir thereof specified in the python
distutils (something like lib/python2.5/site-packages).  Is this
intentional?  Shouldn't it be left completely up to distutils so it
gets installed in the default python site-packages dir?

Otherwise that would mean having to add the GDAL $prefix/lib/... to
PYTHONPATH.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

[Trillian]  What are you supposed to do WITH a maniacally depressed
robot?

[Marvin]  You think you have problems?  What are you supposed to do
if you ARE a maniacally depressed robot?  No, don't try and answer,
I'm 50,000 times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the
answer...

- HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy