[Gdal-dev] Sponsor Survey

Andrey Kiselev dron at ak4719.spb.edu
Mon Oct 15 13:00:06 EDT 2007

On Sat, Oct 13, 2007 at 01:33:57AM -0400, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> As part of the sponsorship program, we are committed to distributing a
> sponsor survey to all our sponsors with the intention that their responses
> would provide some guidance to our activities - at least as far as the focus
> of the paid maintainer.  I had really intended to get it out by mid-year,
> but like many things I do it slips...
>
> I have prepared a first draft at:
>
>   http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/SponsorshipSurvey
>
> Any suggestions for other points that ought to be raised?  Other changes?

Frank,

I have two thoughts on that.

1. I think that the first question ("Which aspect of GDAL/OGR is more
important to your organization? The GDAL (raster) services, or the OGR
(vector/feature) services, or are both important?") should be removed,
because it is pointless. If most sponsors do not interested in GDAL,
does it mean we should drop it? No way. Don't they interested in OGR? We
should continue OGR. So I do not see a point in the first question.

2. The eight question ("Is support for non-English languages within
GDAL/OGR important to your organization?") should be reworded as :

"Is international and localized support in GDAL/OGR important to your
organization?"

I am +1 for other questions in the survey.

Best regards,
Andrey

--
Andrey V. Kiselev