[Gdal-dev] Sponsor Survey

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Oct 15 16:11:25 EDT 2007

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> I have prepared a first draft at:
>
>   http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/SponsorshipSurvey
>
> Any suggestions for other points that ought to be raised?  Other changes?

Looks great.

I was trying to think of other info that could be useful and the only
thing I could think of was to perhaps include a question relating to
integration of GDAL/OGR with other open source packages, e.g.

"Do you use GDAL/OGR in combination with other open source applications
or libraries from the OSGeo stack and if yes which ones. Are there any
aspects of integration between GDAL/OGR and those applications or
libraries that you would like to see improved? Which ones?"

I was not able to word the question to be straight to the point, but
hopefully you get the idea. The goal would be to find out whether there
are issues with other OSGeo packages (either lib dependencies such as
PROJ, or apps that use GDAL/OGR such as MapServer) that are a priority
for them.

Just thinking out loud...

Daniel
--