[Gdal-dev] A feature request: add GEOS Is* functions to C-API

Brian Hamlin maplabs at light42.com
Tue Oct 16 04:30:44 EDT 2007

  in ogr.i:
IsEmpty(), IsValid(), IsSimple(), IsRing()
also AddPoint_2D()  and a bunch of overloads for SetField()

but, in the Perl bindings at least..
Is_Empty() is there, but Valid/Simple/Ring are not?
Move() is added
GetFeatures -> GetFeature
   and the detection of AddPoint() for 2D/3D

  tip of the hat to Howard Butler, for the original and continued work..

however, a simple perl script on trunk sources gives a runtime error
   IsEmpty() not found

for IsSimple(), IsRing() and IsValid()
   cant locate .../IsSimple.al in @INC(..paths..) at 'compile' time

geometry->Move() seems to work fine