[Gdal-dev] Problem in using the dll in another dll

Tom Kazimiers 2voodoo at gmx.de
Wed Oct 17 15:40:46 EDT 2007

Hello there,

I want to use GDAL in a project on windows CE - I was about using it in
a C++ Dll so thing I have done is:
*Compiled GDAL for Windows CE
*Imported the generated .lib into my C++ Windows CE DLL Project
*Included "gdal_prev.h" via "#include <gdal_priv.h>"
*Compiled my DLL

Everything worked fine in Visual Studio 2005 - every Class and Function
was found.
As I wanted to use the DLL with my C# Application the Application threw
an exception which said that it could not find my DLL
(this is strange as it is in the same folder).
The thing is that if I remove the Include of gdal_prev.h (and comment
out the code that uses this), recompile and use it wih my app it works
as usual.
The DLL is found and does what it should.
There are no compile errors or warnings or anything, just the Messagebox
telling me that the DLL is not found (it even does not speak of GDAL) if
the include is used (even without code).
Besides this I can speak to the GDALCE.dll without my "Proxy"-DLL (which
I do need) and get information, and lot data and so on - so I do not think
that it is a problem of mis-compiling. Maybe some settings problem?
I am using Visual Studio 2005, C++ for my DLL and compiled GDAL with
VS2005 for Windows CE, too.

So do you have any suggestion?

Thanks in advance,
Tom