[Gdal-dev] Parameter names in swig bindings

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 17:50:06 EDT 2007

2007/10/16, Ari Jolma <ari.jolma at tkk.fi>:

> Just one of those cases again where "make clean; make" does not work. No
> problems any more -- except with the parameter names. Do you have any
> opinion on them?

Ari,

In this particular case I would support renaming geom to spatialFilter
in ExecuteSQL since it makes the interface more clear without causing
backward compatibility issues. Moreover we could make the interface
consistent with the C API:

OGRLayerH OGR_DS_ExecuteSQL  	(  	OGRDataSourceH   	 hDS,
		const char *  	pszSQLCommand,
		OGRGeometryH  	hSpatialFilter,
		const char *  	pszDialect
	)

However if a typemap against a parameter should be implemented for all
of the bindings then using the explicit %apply with a sufficient
typemap name would be a requirement. But checking the validity of the
parameters should go as well to the C API in my opinion.

Best regards,

Tamas