[Gdal-dev] gdal_vrtmerge, gdal_merge: wrong rasterYSize in output VRT

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Fri Oct 19 12:13:37 EDT 2007

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Maciej Sieczka wrote:
>> Thoughts?

> All my ideas revolve around xargs causing problems.  With that eliminated
> I'm at a loss to explain the problem.  I would suggest you add some print
> statements to gdal_merge.py to ensure it is really processing all the
> files.
>
> Note, using xargs with gdal_merge.py -createonly is mostly self
> defeating as
> the output file will only be created by the first invocation of
> gdal_merge.py.
>
> gdal_merge.py should support reading filenames directly from the file if
> you
> us the --optfile <filename> switch.

Frank,

gdal_vrtmerge.py --optfile worked beautifully! I was able to
 create a VRT containing all 201x201 tiles, 250x250 cells
each, in few minutes. Perfect. I didn't know about the
--optfile before.

Regarding xargs it appears I don't really understand how it
works. Homework to do.

Thanks for help.

Maciek