[Gdal-dev] Re: GDAL wince bindings?

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 18:23:07 EDT 2007

Folks,

I'm quite interested in trying to put something together for a
preliminary C# WinCE support for GDAL/OGR. Recently I can see as well
some activity in the SWIG side in his topic, but I've some doubts how
to treat some of the issues independently from the target projects
that isn't complicated too much.

It seems I don't have to alter the current structure of the bindings
too much. The SafeHandle approach I've mentioned before is not widely
available right now so the IntPtr-s will be used instead of the
HandleRefs. I'll be trying to eliminate the need of the callbacks to
the managed side as well which will affect how the bindings will
handle the exceptions and pass the strings to C#. We also have to
consider the strings as double byte characters by default on this
platform.

Mateusz,

Do you have some  variables definied for the WinCE platform should I rely on?

Best regards,

Tamas