[Gdal-dev] svn build error

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Sun Oct 28 03:27:27 EDT 2007

Lucena, Ivan wrote:
> Matteusz,
>
> The binary distribution of HDF4 doesn't carry debug libraries. So it
> looks like the solution for us is to get the source and change the
> settings to compile with all debugging libraries. Isn't it right?

Ivan,

I see following two options:

- For end-user purposes, GDAL should be compiled using non-debug
optimized configuration and link against non-debug version of HDF.

- For development purposes, debug builds are required, and in that case
it's reasonable to build debug version of HDF from sources,
because as I understand, there is no HDF SDK in binary form available.

Building binaries with Visual C++ in debug mode requires to link with
debug version of run-time libraries, and these libraries are not
compatible with non-debug libraries of HDF.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net