[Gdal-dev] Re: Motion: Release 1.4.3RC2 as 1.4.3

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Oct 29 05:23:11 EDT 2007

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Motion: To release 1.4.3RC2 as 1.4.3
>
> ---
>
> Once again, starting the timer for a release on Tuesday evening if
> no serious problems are found.
>
> Best regards,

Folks,

Garr.  Ok, I'm -1 on RC2.  The pymod/gdal_wrap.c has an older timestamp
than pymod/gdal.i because of the vagarities of how svn checkout works, and
this results in builds of the old python bindings running the (likely) wrong
version of swig, and gdal_wrap.c being screwed up.

   http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/1954

I've fixed (worked around) one aspect of this and I'm asking Mateusz to
modify mkgdaldist.sh (used to prepare release and nightly snapshots) to
use svn export instead of svn checkout.  Apparently svn export uses file
dates of last commit instead of the date at checkout.

Sorry for raising a motion only to vote it down myself a few minutes later.