[Gdal-dev] Motion: Adopt 1.4.3rc3 as 1.4.3

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Oct 30 14:28:22 EDT 2007

Matt Wilkie wrote:
> Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>> Motion: Adopt 1.4.3rc3 as 1.4.3
>>
>> Starting the timer on rc3 becoming our 1.4.3 final release.
>
> Hello all,
>
> I'm glad to see a formal process for transitioning from dev to release.
> It will be easier to see at a glance where things are. I wonder if
> perhaps the "Release Candidate" to "Release" timespan is too short
> though. One or two days seems awfully fast to me.

Matt,

Certainly the intention is to have a fuller release cycle for major
releases, but stable (point) releases I *feel* that this is not so pressing.
Two days basically gives time for folks to run some quick tests to ensure
the packaged form of the release has no glaring new problems.

For 1.5.0 I expect to go through 2-3 releases (betas) before a final
release candidate.

Does that seem reasonable?