[Gdal-dev] OSX 10.5 - 64bits & python goodies

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Oct 30 19:52:17 EDT 2007

Finally got thru most of the dependencies on Leopard.  Not too much
trouble building quad-arch (ppc/i386/ppc64/x86_64) - some extra
fiddling with switching some definitions based on __LP64__.  And
Xerces uses Carbon APIs to do some file IO and charset handling, and
Carbon is deprecated in Leopard, AND there is no 64bit Carbon at all,
so Xerces is going to take some work to build 64bit on Leopard.

So, Leopard now includes Python 2.5!  As I tried to build numpy for
that it wouldn't build 64bit, but poking around in the stuff included
by Apple turned up numpy 1.0.1 AND setuptools, among other goodies
(easyinstall, wxpython, py2app, ...).

... back to Leopard and GDAL ...

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"We are at war with them. Neither in hatred nor revenge and with no
particular pleasure I shall kill every ___ I can until the war is
over. That is my duty."

"Don't you even hate 'em?"

"What good would it do if I did? If all the many millions of people of
the allied nations devoted an entire year exclusively to hating the
____ it wouldn't kill one ___ nor shorten the war one day."

<Ha, ha> "And it might give 'em all stomach ulcers."

- Tarzan, on war