[Gdal-dev] [Fwd: strange problem compiling against ndarrayobject.h]

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Oct 31 19:46:52 EDT 2007

Vincent Schut wrote:
> /usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/core/include/numpy/arrayobject.h:14,
>                  from extensions/gdal_array.h:10,
>                  from extensions/_gdal_array.cpp:33:
> /usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/core/include/numpy/ndarrayobject.h:92:2:
> error: #error Must use Python with unicode enabled.

Vincent,

At first I had no idea and assumed this was a Python 2.5 issue.  But then I
ran into it on my system and discovered things were hosed by a change
Mateusz made last night.  I have fixed gdal/swig/python/extensions/gdal_array.h
in trunk now and things seem to be building ok for me.

Update, and try again.