[Gdal-dev] OGR WCTS Win32 configuration

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Sep 4 12:02:25 EDT 2007

Bowerman,Dan [Burlington] wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am interested in configuring the Web Coordinate Transformation System
> as a service on our Windows Server 2003 webserver. I have the tools
> setup and they function properly through the command line as per the
> installation instructions at
> _http://home.gdal.org/projects/wcts/install.html_, however I am
> uncertain how to get this working as a usable web service that I can
> call remotely. Does anyone have experience with setting this up that
> might lend me some advice?

Dan,

Are you familiar with setting up cgi web services like MapServer?  It
should be similar in that you just copy the ogrwcts.exe and wctsclient.exe
executables to your cgi-bin directory.  Keep the notes about the PROJ_LIB
and GDAL_DATA environment variables in mind.  On windows the default locations
to search for stuff is different, and you will almost certainly have to
set these two enviroment variables (perhaps as system environment variables)
to point to where the supporting data files are.