[Gdal-dev] loading metadata into NITF from separate image format

Jared Rubin JARED.RUBIN at saic.com
Tue Sep 4 20:44:28 EDT 2007

Sophia,
  I am have my own internal image format and would like to stuff metadata into
a nitf file without relying upon the command line. So for example I want to
place the  ANGLE_TO_NORTH into the USE00A tag for NITF.
I am inheriting from RawDataSet

I see the that the nitf library  uses
GDALPamDataset->SetMetadata
and
GDALPamDataset->SetMetadataItem

is this how the metadata gets passed between image formats?

thanks
Jared