[Gdal-dev] problem to compile gdal 1.4.2 with kakadu JPG2000 support

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Sep 5 13:33:09 EDT 2007

patrice canonici wrote:
> I'm  trying to compile gdal 1.4.2 with kakadu 5.2.6 in order to use
> it into mapserver.
>
> I build kakadu successfully as it is explain in the documentation.
> But, when I try to compile gdal, it fails. [...]

Patrice,

Unfortunately, I have only access to Kakadu 6.0 so I'm not sure if there
is any problem with older versions.

One thing comes to my mind, did you run "make clean" and then try to
build with Kakadu using clean sources tree?
If not, please try to do make clean first and then ./configure and make
and see if it helps.

BTW, Here you can find some instructions about how to build in JP2KAK
driver support: http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/JP2KAK

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot