[Gdal-dev] Re: gdal fails on vrt (virtual raster) file

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Wed Sep 5 14:17:16 EDT 2007

Hi,

I've just had a quick look into libjpeg. You may not need to patch the #define
DEFAULT_MAX_MEM, as the only indirect use of this I can see is in jmemmgr.c
where it	can be overloaded by the JPEGMEM environment variable. So, even with
FWTools, if you do "JPEGMEM=500M gdalinfo blah.jpeg", you should have the
same behaviour as the gdal SVN patched libjpeg.
That's just theory. I haven't tested anything.

Best regards