[Gdal-dev] Unable to copy EXIF metadata with CreateCopy

marcello ferrero marcello_ferrero at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 9 14:45:43 EDT 2007

Hi,
I need to write the GPSLatitude and GPSLongitude tags into a jpg raster image (typically a photo taken with a camera),
I started doing some test but I noticed that CreateCopy does not copy the EXIF metadata
(or at least I've not been able to make it working).

This is the example code I'm using:

hDriver = GDALGetDriverByName( "JPEG" );
hDataset = GDALOpen( "MySourceFile.jpg", GA_ReadOnly );
hDstDS = GDALCreateCopy( hDriver, "MyDestFile.jpg", hDataset, TRUE, NULL, NULL, NULL );

As a result MyDestFile.jpg does not contain any EXIF metadata while the source file has a lot of EXIF tags.

Any idea?

Marcello Ferrero