[Gdal-dev] Getting started with raster processing with GDAL/OGR

Roger André randre at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 10:59:13 EDT 2007

Hi Ivan and Mathew,

Thank you both for your responses.  Ivan, I appreciate the simple
description of how to assign values to raster cells.  Mathew, your
script is exactly what a colleague of mine needs to complete a project
he's working on, and I believe I can follow what it does well enough
to understand how I can adapt it for making my heat maps.  Also, I
wanted to thank you for the other examples of code that you've posted
on PerryGeo.  The "Tissot Indicatrix" page was what whetted my
appetite initially to learn how to use OGR from within Python to do my
own GIS processing.

Thanks again,

Roger