[Gdal-dev] Import Gdal

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Wed Sep 19 12:19:29 EDT 2007

Gustavo Ces wrote:
>    I had to install the exe for 2.4 and then make README´s instructions
> ( add path and enviromental variable). When you enter in a new World (
> Python world) all is new, there is a lot off changes and Stuff. But some
> info about how to install Gdal in a clean Python distribution in windows
> could be useful :).
>    I´ll make some comprobations and then send a mail to the list with
> steps for installing dedicated to
> future voyagers :)

That would be great, but this is way too hard. It really should be
easier to install GDAL into and existing Python.

Maybe that's something we could clean up during the sprint next week?

Hmmm -- I don't know whether to go to the GDAL bug squash or the SWIG
Bindings sprint....

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov