[Gdal-dev] 3rd order, gdalwarp/i.recify [was: Warping image...]

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Wed Sep 19 13:12:57 EDT 2007

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Mario Cavicchi wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I have a little problem with a modis image, i must to reproject it in
>> UTM meter. I use the function GDALCreateWarpOperation and i must to
>> set nOrder = 3. The output image is correct, but the left and right
>> sides are wrong.
>> I don't able to explain where is the problem, but the result is this
>> http://members.ferrara.linux.it/cavicchi/tmp/modis.jpg
>
> Mario,
>
> It has been my experience that 3rd order polynomials can easily do some
> pretty odd things.

Frank

Few weeks ago on GRASS dev issues with 3rd order in i.rectify were
mentioned again [1]. This topic pops up from time to time as can be
seen in the archives [2]. It was suggested that GDAL may suffer from
the same problem, as it originates from the same code base. Could you
comment on this?

Best
Maciek

[1]http://www.nabble.com/Feedback-from-a-FOSSGIS-course-tf3777183.html#a10680628