[gdal-dev] SoC: Application Review

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Apr 15 10:13:58 EDT 2008

Tamas Szekeres wrote:
> 2008/4/9, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com>:
>>  We will need to get together soon to prioritize the project
>> applications
>>  and decide who wants to mentor what.  I'd also appreciate anyone
>> missing
>>  form the mentor list to add themselves (and let me know), and if anyone
>>  sees other applications suitable for GDAL to let me know.  I only
>> skimmed
>>  the projects that were not apparently GDAL related.
>>
>>  I see we till April 22nd to work this out, so no big rush.  Perhaps we
>> could
>>  have an irc meeting on the morning of Friday April 18th to work it out,
>> and
>>  then pass a formal motion by email.
>>

> Frank,
>
> During the gsoc meeting at #osgeo today, I've been asked to speed the
> things up in this topic to be able to create the final application
> list for all of the osgeo projects in time.
> The results per project will be submitted to this page:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SoC_Application_Rankings_by_Project_2008
>
> According to
> http://code.google.com/opensource/gsoc/2008/faqs.html#0.1_timeline
> we'll have to make this decision at least one day before April 18th.
>
> I'm aware of only a few volunteers out there to mentor the 3 GDAL
> related projects so I don't think if it'll be a difficult task to work
> the things out.

Tamas, Folks,

Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to mentor the OSM project (and any
other projects) during the GSoC this year. Please, consider me as a spare
mentor but I'd prefer if someone else could take over mentoring of the OSM
project.

I'd like to appologize for my disappearance from the GSoC.

Greetings
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net