[gdal-dev] OGR Feature Style Specification

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Thu Apr 17 06:52:18 EDT 2008

Tamas Szekeres kirjoitti:
> Further issues:
>
> 6. Can we support the dataset/layer level default styles as described
> in the OGR Feature Style specification but haven't been implemented
> yet?

Sorry for flooding but this brings into my mind another issue related to
styles.

Color table can also be thought of as a style table, where an attribute
value of a feature (the value of the raster cell) is linked to a style
(color). Similarly we might have a dataset of cities and capitals would
have different styles (symbols) than normal cities.

Thus I think the dataset level styles (style tables) should be
addressable through attribute values. I don't find this concept in the
OGR feature style specification.

Regards,

Ari

--